Marla Brie Hansen
Birth Place: Madison, WI
Education: BM at UW Madison, MM at Stony Brook University
One World Symphony Violist
1. Are any of your family members musicians? If
so, what do they do?
2. What has been the highlight of your One World
Symphony career to date?
Performing Beethoven's 5th.
3. What would you say is your favourite piece
Changes daily! Today it's my new CD by the Walkmen. Yesterday it was Bach's 5th cello suite. Over all, perhaps Schubert's cello quintet.
4. What's your favorite moment with One World
2nd movement of Beethoven's 5th.
...And the worst moment (if any)?
first half hour of the only rehearsal of Rite of Spring!
5. What music do you listen to in the car or subway?
Don't listen in car or subway!
6. What is your favourite drink?
7. When you do have some free time, how do you
Go to a cafe and drink red wine.
8. Why do you continue to perform with One World
Symphony when you can perform with other ensembles that would
offer more financial benefits?
the energy level is so high, and it's a really friendly and fun group of people.
9. If you had the oppotunity to time travel, when
and where would you prefer to live? Why?
For a while, I'd try out the early 1900s in Vienna, because I'd love to have seen Mahler conduct, and to be there for Schoenberg, and Kandinsky and all those guys. but i'd have to be a man. and rich.
10. If you weren't a musician what would you be?
A conductor! Just kidding! I'd be a visual artist.
11. Why would you recommend to other musicians
and public to participate with One World Symphony?
It's a fresh approach to orchestral playing, and quite simply it's very fun.
12. What are your hobbies?
I like to go out to eat, and I enjoy exercise as well, which is probably good because of my first hobby.