Birth Place: Minneapolis, MN
Education: Manhattan School of Music
One World Symphony Double Bassist
1. Are any of your family members musicians? If
so, what do they do?
My mother used to be a school choir teacher and my father plays keyboard in a Greek band. They also are the choir director and organist at our church.
2. What has been the highlight of your One World
Symphony career to date?
In my short career with One World, being called on at random during a concert to convey my feelings about the One World organization was definitely a highlight.
3. What would you say is your favourite piece
Though I have many favorites, one would have to be Ancient Airs and Dances by Ottorino Respighi.
4. What's the best thing about One World Symphony?
The best thing about One World is definitely the train ride. The worst thing about One World is definitely the train ride.
5. What music do you listen to in the car or subway?
I love to listen to classical music on the subway.
6. What is your favourite drink?
Beer is probably my favorite alcoholic drink, preferably a Bass!
7. When you do have some free time, how do you
I have free time at night usually and that's when I'll put on the ball game or read a good book.
8. Why do you continue to perform with One World
Symphony when you can perform with other ensembles that would
offer more financial benefits?
I still choose One World because Sung Jin is kind of the man!
9. If you weren't a musician what would you be?
It's just a dream, but I would be a third baseman....for the Minnesota Twins.
10. Why would you recommend to other musicians
and public to participate with One World Symphony?
Well, it's always great to help out small ensembles so they can get their feet wet and really help to make our society a finer place.
11. What are your hobbies?
My hobbies are music and sports.