Place of Birth: Japan
Education: Graduated from Manhattan School
of Music, MM
Graduated at NC School for the Arts, NC
One World Symphony Flutist
1. Are any of your family members musicians? If
so, what do they do?
My mother teaches piano, my sister plays the violin in Charleston Symphony, South Carolina.
2. What has been the highlight of your One World
Symphony career to date?
Performing The Rite of Spring!
3. What would you say is your favourite piece
A lot of them, but I'll say opera and Gorecki Symphony No.3 and Brahms and Beethoven and Mozart... and more
4. What's the best thing about One World Symphony?
When we nail difficult part in our usual one rehearsal
...And the worst moment (if any)?
When I play piccolo and come in at a wrong time (nightmare)
5. What music do you listen to in the car or subway?
Mostly rock but sometimes Mahler
6. What is your favourite drink?
Mojito, Coffee, Mate
7. What was the most recent book you read?
A Moveable Feast by Hemingway
8. When you do have some free time, how do you
Take a walk to Riverside and observe West Side Highway and Hudson River
9. Why do you continue to perform with One World
Symphony when you can perform with other ensembles that would
offer more financial benefits?
I like playing with people who wants be there for music
10. If you had the opportunity to time travel,
when and where would you prefer to live? Why?
I am happy to be here now, but if I could go to Vancouver that would be amazing.
11. If you weren't a musician what would you be?
12. Why would you recommend to other musicians
and public to participate with One World Symphony?
My friends love music and I would like to share some fun!
13. What are your hobbies?