Ashley Mortone Pensinger
Birth Place: Chicago, IL
Education: A.B. Bowdoin College in Music and French, M.M. Boston University in Violin Performance
One World Symphony Violinist
1. Are any of your family members musicians? If
so, what do they do?
2. What has been the highlight of your One World
Symphony career to date?
Tsunami Benefit concert performing Rachmaninov, Beethoven, Bach, Elgar
3. What would you say is your favorite piece of
(one of many) Bach's Goldberg Vaiations
4. What's the best thing about One World Symphony?
meeting other musicians during the dinners/receptions
5. What music do you listen to in the car or subway?
6. What is your favorite drink?
green tea or... gin and tonic
7. What was the most recent book you read?
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime
8. When you do have some free time, how do you
cooking, movies, picnics
9. Why do you continue to perform with One World
Symphony when you can perform with other ensembles that would
offer more financial benefits?
There's a great feeling of honest music-making, cooperation and camaraderie
10. If you had the opportunity to time travel,
when and where would you prefer to live?
Spain, 19th century
11. If you weren't a musician what would you be?
Organic food/sustainable agriculture activist/advocate/educator
12. Why would you recommend to other musicians
and public to participate with One World Symphony?
It's fun and is a fulfilling experience
13. What are your hobbies?
hiking, biking, yoga, cooking, occasional shopping