“[One World Symphony’s] funds all go to the right charities.” — ConcertoNet.com
“Humanitarian One World Symphony gives free concert.” — Culture Mob
One World Symphony’s Community Music program is dedicated to serving the community through music. In its twelvth full season, the Community Music program continues to:
- Inspire musical collaboration and interaction with New York City students and their parents. While musical organizations may offer concerts to students, One World Symphony actively engages students to participate as artists. Students from The Harlem Children’s Zone performed Holst’s The Planets with One World Symphony and provided paintings for One World Symphony’s live performance of Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring.
- Provide tickets to live performances through generous contributions. Thousands of students and families have attended One World Symphony concerts from Harlem Children’s Zone, Harlem School for the Arts, Chinatown YMCA, Heritage School, Casita Maria, Big Brother Big Sister, Third Music School Settlement, LEAP, Singer’s Forum, the Lighthouse, and KIPP Schools.
- Serve the local and global communities through benefit concerts to philanthropic organizations and free outreach concerts for the city of New York:
2001: The Uniformed Firefighter’s Association Widows’ and Children’s Fund
2002 and 2003: United Spinal Association
2005: American Red Cross Tsunami Victims Fund
2005: American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina Victims Relief Fund
2007: The Coalition for the Homeless
2008, 2009, 2010: St. Ann and the Holy Trinity Roof Restoration Fund
2010: The Humane Society of New York
2010: The Make-A-Wish® Foundation of Metro New York
2011: American Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Relief Fund
2011, 2012: Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen
2012: The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®
2013: Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen
Help Make Miracles. To contribute to One World Symphony’s Community Music program please mail check or money order to:
One World Symphony
260 Ocean Pkwy, 1K
Brooklyn, NY 11218
Clearly indicate your name and contact information (email/phone). Please write “Community Music” in the subject line of the check.
One World Symphony is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all donations to Community Music are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Community Music Tickets
To qualify your school or organization for the Community Music program, allowing attendance for youth and chaperones from your community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• Community Music in the subject line
• Name of your organization
• Non-profit status, if applicable
• Mission Statement/Goals of your organization
• Profile of the youth involved in your organization
• Statement of Community Music participation goals